I wanted to share my fave Autumnal songs, or what I think are Autumnal. I have an extremely varied music taste however at this time of year, I find quite mellow music, a bit of rock and a bit of indie just sounds like it works for the season. Just me? Maybe!
- James Blunt – Bonfire Heart. The ultimate Autumn song!
- Artic Monkeys – Arabella
- Artic Monkeys – I Bet That You Look Good On The Dancefloor
- Little Mix – Black Magic
- Little Mix – Change Your Life
- Nirvana – Smells Like Teen Spirit
- The Cranberries – Zombie
- Paramore – Decode
- Paramore – Misery Business
- Oasis – Wonderwall
- All American Rejects – Move Along
- Green Day – Wake Me Up When September Ends
- Green Day – Boulevard Of Broken Dreams
- The 1975 – Chocolate
- The Kooks – She Moves In Her Own Way
- Kaiser Chiefs – I Predict A Riot
- Lorde – Royals
- Lorde – Team
- Lana Del Rey – Video Games
- The Shires – Nashville Grey Skies
- Alanis Morrisette – Ironic
- Meat Loaf – Bat Out Of Hell
- Greatest Showman Soundtrack – Come Alive
- Greatest Showman Soundtrack- From Now On
- Train – Drops Of Jupiter
- Def Leppard – Pour Some Sugar On Me
- Ed Sheeran – Autumn Leaves
- Guns n’ Roses – November Rain
So here we are! What would you put in your Autumn playlist? Let me know in the comments! X
Follow me on:
Autumn/ Fall is my favourite season and always has been, so trying to condense the reasons why I love it that down to just 10 things is so difficult! There is just so much to love about it!
So here we go, in no particular order:
- The Colours. There is nothing like going for an Autumn walk and strolling through hues of oranges, browns, red’s and yellows. There is something so beautiful and cosy about them. It generally just promotes my happiness and I love mmirroring these shades with what I wear too.
- Halloween. Of course. Halloween is so much fun! Of course, it’s much bigger in the USA than here in Britain (I’m so jealous of you Americans), but it is growing! I love having my own house in a little village because I get to decorate it inside and out, and all the village children come trick or treating which is so nice. I love everything witchy and magical. Dressing up and doing Halloween makeup too. Halloween is definitely my second favourite ‘holiday’.
- Bonfire Night. If you’re not from the UK you may not be so familiar with this, however Bonfire Night commerates the anniversary of the failed gunpowder plot to blow up the houses of parliament in 1605 by Robert Catesby, Guy Fawkes and co. Yay history degree kicking in there. I find the history fascinating but I love that we have fireworks displays all around the country and bonfires, often accompained by mulled wine (close to Christmas after all), hot chocolate, and a hotdog or two! And don’t forget the toasted marshmallows! It’s great to get wrapped up and get outside!
- Michaelmas Fairs. Namely my hometown’s annual occasion – Abingdon Fair. It is the longest street fair in Europe and it’s so much fun! As a child I loved the rides, as an adult I love that there are many pubs along the way (it is basically an excuse for a pub crawl not going to lie) stalls and games, doughnuts, candyfloss and an absolutely wonderful bustling cheeful atmosphere!
- Cosy Nights In. Who doesn’t love to get into their warmest pyjamas, fluffy socks and settle on the sofa with a hot chocolate or cup of tea ad a nice book? I seem to read more in the Autumn, its just so chilled and peaceful.
- Hot bubble baths. Before you get into those lovely pyjamas, the hot bubble bath (with a cheeky bath bomb thrown in obviously) makes it perfect! Of course you can do this at any time of year, especially in the depths on winter, but it’s nicer in my opinion when the nights are drawing in than after the shortest day when the nights are getting slightly longer. Dont ask me why! I guess we’ve had the heat of Summer when I don’t usually have baths when it’s hot, therefore I’ve missed having a relaxing bath and I enjoy it more!
- Wholesome and warming Food. Like above, you have have these sorts of meals any time of year, but the nights drawing in is an encouragement and kind of makes the food even nicer! I’m talking about stews, soups, casseroles, etc, those dinners/ teas you have after a cold day which warm your bones! Just me? Perhaps!
- The Fashion and clothing. I love putting away my shorts and summer dresses for another 6/7 or so months, and digging out the warm and cosy clothes! Warm chunky knitwear? Ohh heaven! Autumn hues? Yes please! New pair of boots? You just try and stop me! Autumnal fashion is the best.
- PSL time. Yes I am talking about the fact that it is Pumpkin Spice Latte season people! The best, most delicious, most warming, most happiness-inducing drink the exists on the planet is very high on my list of the best things about Autumn! Very unhealthy but whole cares, its Autumn now! I could actually live on PSL’s, I’m such a basic b**** but I love it!
- Countdown to Christmas! Now as I write this on September 26th, we are 90 days away from the big day! Christmas is my favourite holiday and I’m such an Elf. I love everything about it! The lights, decorations, joyful spirit, family time, amazing food, shopping etc… and it’s like the prize at the end of the season of small prizes! The ‘ber’ months are what makes me happy!
Well there we go! Do you likemany of these aspects of Autumn? What are your favourite things about Autumn? Let me know in the comments!🧡
Follow me on:
I am a day late but never mind! Here are my goals for October! It’s properly Autumn now and I am loving the beautiful colours, the chilly mornings and the many pumpkin spice lattes that I have consumed.
First of all, a bit of a chatty introduction on what this month holds for me. I have a new job as a Rental Manager and I start Monday 8th October. I’m really nervous because it’s so new, it’s more responsibility and more of a challenge, but at the same time I am so exciting. It’s difficult because I really love the team I work with, but it’s a wonderful opportunity and I’m sure I’ll have a good team at my new job. It’s longer hours so I am a bit worried about having time for my blog so I might designate certain days where I can write to ensure I carry on as writing is my one true passion in life. As a result, a lot of my goals for this month relate to the fact that I’ll have a new job. Please wish me all the luck in the world as I start a new chapter! Now, without further ado, on with the blog.
So I read 2 out of 3 of my goals for September. As I said in my September Goals post which you can read here, my goals were to reach 400 followers on my blog by October 1st, 800 followers on Twitter and 600 on Instagram. I only failed the former so I was quite pleased. I’ve well superseded the social media goals, but I was 40 followers under my blog follower goals. I’m still so over the moon to have 360 followers as I never expected anyone to even read my blog let alone follow it, as I started blogging for my love of writing, and I’m so shocked at how well my social media is doing, so thank you to all of you! My blog goals for October are:
- Blog – 450
- Twitter- 1200
- Instagram – 850
I’m aiming high with Twitter as that medium is my most successful. I’m aiming reasonably lower with Instagram and my blog to try and avoid disappointment but I think they are decent goals anyway. Please do follow me on here if you like my content, as well as my Twitter and my Instagram!
So of course, this month is going to be scary and stressful and new with starting my new job, so I think practising a bit of self-care is most important. Here are my goals:
- To have a relaxing hot bubble bath once a week. I’m guilty of never allowing myself time to chill out. I’m always doing something whether it’s work, volunteering with Brownies, seeing friends and family, writing, household chores etc and I feel like I really need to relax once in a whole. I’m always having daily quick showers bit I think at least one day a week I should have a nice hot bubble bath with a bath bomb, relaxing music, maybe a glass of red wine or green tea, just to relax myself. I know self care is more than having a bath but it is a start.
- Remembering to always carry out my skin routine, morning and night. I’m also guilty of just taking my makeup off with a wipe or Micellar water and having a quick cleanse. I need to ensure I do more than this, exfoliate, moisturise, use more face masks etc. If anyone know of any great cruelty free skincare products please let me know in the comments!
- Be positive. When changes happen in life, you should embrace them. I’m worried about my new job as anyone would be, you hope that you will be an asset to a new company and that everything will go smoothly. I’m sure it will, and I’ll give you all an update after my first week. Positivity is always key!
- Enjoy October! I’m not doing Blogtober as I wouldn’t have chance to write every day, but I’m super excited to write some really Autumnal posts! I have some exciting ideas so i cannot wait to get writing. What a beautiful month.
What are your goals for October? Let me know in the comments!
Thanks for reading!