“Blessed are the curious for they shall have adventures.” – Lovelle Drachman
So I feel very lucky to have been able to go to many amazing places. For someone who never went abroad until I was 18, I think I’ve done pretty well to have visited 20 states of the USA, Egypt, Italy, France, Germany, Canada and India. These countries all have such diverse cultures and I’d love to see more! In no particular order, here are the top 10 places on my bucket list.
- Indonesia. I’d absolutely love to backpack across some of the Islands, especially Borneo, Bali, Sumatra and Java. The wildlife, jungles, beaches, people, all seem to be wonderful and an experience I simply have to have!
- Greece. My favourite movie ever is Mamma Mia, so my wish for exploring the country and it’s islands began there. When I researched Greece I realised how beautiful it looked, with crystal clear waters, amazing cuisine, pretty islands and interesting cities. I’d also love to learn about Greek mythology as I am a major history geek.
- Iceland. Reykjavik seems like a great capital city to visit, and I’d love to explore the natural wonders across the country. My predominate dream though, would be to stay in a woodland lodge or iglooo, and see the Northern Lights. My one truly big dream is to see the Northern Lights so this has to happen! I also love huskies so a husky sleigh ride would be awesome.
- Australia. Now the stereotypical view of Australia makes me think of the things that want to kill me, but I’ve been told by people who have visited and even lived there that there is so much to see and do, and now I really want to go! I want to visit the main cities like Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Darwin and Adelaide, as well as experience a little bit of the outback and see koalas and kangaroos in the wild. I love hot weather too so that’s an added bonus!
- New Zealand. NZ seems like the ultimate destination for an adventure! I want to hike around the mountains, spend a day watching whales, explore the natural wonders and immerse myself in Maori culture.
- Hawaii. Who wouldn’t want to visit Hawaii? I would plan to see Pearl Harbour, snorkel with the turtles, hike along the rugged terrain, explore as many of the islands as I can, see live volcanoes (from a safe distance) and chill on a beautiful beach eating fresh pineapple and loving tropical life. Ahh, heaven.
- Croatia – so I first researched Croatia because of one of my favourite characters on the US hospital drama ER- Dr Luka Kovac. When I looked into what Croatia had to offer,I was blown away! The Dalmatian Coast is a must do, and so is travelling around the natural parks full of lakes and waterfalls abundant with natural beauty. The quirky little towns and magnitude of history is also a huge interest of mine, so please get me on a plane sharpish!
- Kenya – I’d really like to experience an African country, as I see the whole continent as being incredibly rich in culture and history. Kenya is top of my list, as a big dream of mine is to go on a real safari! Maasai Mara seems to be THE place to do this, and see the animals up close in their natural habitat. I also want to explore Nairobi and learn about some African cultures and tribes as I find them fascinating.
- The Amazon. Or rather, part of it, as it spreads over 4000 miles. I’ve been captivated by the travels of one of my idols, explorer Laura Bingham, and the wonderful Freddie Flintoff and Rob Penn to this beautiful land, the rainforest, the huge river, the abundance of wildlife and fauna.. I could go on. I’d love to take a guided tour around, a river cruise, and visit some of the little villages on the way. An adventurer’s dream.
- Norway. The gateway to Scandinavia! I’d love to go to the northern areas in the summer and experience the fact that the sun doesn’t set, I’d love to see The beautiful fjords with my own eyes and explore the charming little towns. I want to try the cuisine and learn some history – the Vikings for one! I’ve heardbits a lovely progressive country and I’d love to see it!
So here’s my top 10! What are yours? Have you been to any of these places? Let me know in the comments!
Thanks for reading!
Follow me on: